* Define adjectives in different degrees of comparison.
* Examine the rules of using the degrees of comparison of the given adjective.
* Identify the degree of comparison of the adjectives used in writing.
* Demonstrate the use of degrees of comparison of adjectives in writing.
1. Verify the preliminary determination of the meaning of a word or phrase by checking the inferred meaning in context.
2. Use context (a word’s position or function in a sentence) as a clue to the meaning of an adjective.
3. Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate general academic and domain-specific adjectives; gather vocabulary knowledge when considering an adjective important to comprehension or expression.
This Resource Includes:
1. Well Formulated, Measurable, SMART Objectives and Outcomes
2. Vocabulary Overview – Positives, Comparatives, Superlatives
3. Flipped Lesson Part – Video – Adjectives: Degrees of Comparison
4. Engaging and Creative Lesson Starter – Describing Game
5. Success Criteria – Degrees of Comparison Checklist
6. Collaborative Group Tasks – Pair-Share, Shared Writing, Think-Write-Share
7. Scaffolder Notes – Degrees of Comparison Rules
8. Mini-Plenary with Critical Thinking Questions – 3 Online Quizzes
9. Assessment Criteria for Outcome Expectations – Rubrics
10. Differentiated Activities for Level Learners – Writing Task by Outcome
11. Extensions to Challenge the High Achievers – 5 Online Exercises
12. Plenary to Assess Learning Outcomes – Ten Questions
13. Home Learning for Reinforcement – 4 Worksheets
14. Common Core Standards – ELA-LITERACY.L.6-8.1/4ad/6
15. Skills to be addressed during the Lesson – Social and Cognitive
Teachers can use this lesson to give a complete knowledge and understanding of Positives, Comparatives, and Superlatives to the learners, thereby helping them to enhance their vocabulary knowledge of Adjectives.
For the PowerPoint Presentation of the same Lesson you may refer to:
DEGREES OF COMPARISON PRESENTATION
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
✿ Early Finishers
✿ Sub Tubs
✿ ESL Stations/Centres
✿ Holiday Work
✿ Small Group Collaborations
✿ End of Unit Quick Assessments